* Program Director
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Community Housing Coalition of Madison County is seeking a dedicated and experienced Program Director to oversee and manage various key programs aimed at improving housing conditions and addressing community needs. The Program Director will be responsible for supervising a department consisting of case managers, grant managers, volunteer managers, and home repair specialists. The role involves overseeing the Healthy Opportunities Pilot, HUD HOME Partnership Funding, and the Urgent Repair Program and Essential Single-Family Rehab programs of the NC Housing Finance Agency, as well as CHC’s volunteer-based home repair programs.
This is a full-time salaried position at 32 hours per week. This is primarily an in-office, Monday-Thursday, position, but CHC does offer a flexible work environment and potential for some work from home scheduling. Compensation ranges from $49,000 – $53,000 per year commensurate with experience and other factors. Other benefits include 2 weeks paid time off, monthly cell phone reimbursement, a Health & Wellness stipend, as well as great discounts at our ReClaim Madison store.
1. Program Oversight:
○ Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple housing programs, ensuring their effective and efficient delivery.
○ Monitor program budgets and financials, making data-driven decisions to maximize program impact while ensuring financial sustainability.
○ Collaborate with team members to develop and implement program strategies, policies, and procedures.
○ Ensure compliance with grant requirements and regulations for all programs.
2. Team Leadership and Development:
○ Provide leadership, guidance, and support to a team of case managers, grant managers, volunteer managers and home repair supervisors.
○ Foster a positive work environment that promotes teamwork and professional growth consistent with CHC’s shared leadership approach.
○ Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide coaching and training as needed.
3. Program Evaluation and Improvement:
○ Continuously assess program effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, and implement changes to enhance program outcomes.
○ Monitor program metrics and outcomes to ensure quality and impact are consistently met or exceeded.
4. Stakeholder Engagement:
○ Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, partner organizations, and community members.
○ Collaborate with external partners to leverage resources and support for program goals.
5. Reporting and Documentation:
○ Prepare and submit regular reports to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and funding agencies as required.
○ Maintain accurate records and documentation related to program activities and outcomes.
WHAT YOU BRING
Qualifications are a guiding light and not all encompassing of what the Community Housing Coalition considers throughout the selection process. We encourage all candidates to include a cover letter to share how their lived experience, education, and work experience combine to support this role.
Required Work Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
● Proven experience in program management and leadership, preferably in a non-profit or community development context.
● Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess financial data and make informed decisions.
● Exceptional organizational and project management abilities.
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
Competencies and Behaviors
● Proficient in MS Office and/or Google Suite
● Experience with Adobe PDF and Quickbooks, preferably QB Online
● Curious and eager to learn new skills.
● Excellent organizational skills with a focus on detail.
● Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner with staff, board, and the general public
● Experience collaborating effectively with others across departments.
● Positive approach to problem-solving.
● Self-motivated and enjoys collaborating with others.
● Considers different perspectives while navigating team dynamics.
● Commitment to the mission and values of the Community Housing Coalition of Madison County.
Please submit your resume along with three references either by email to email@example.com, or in person, at 798 Walnut Creek Rd in Marshall. We will reach out to you regardless of whether we decide to interview you or not. We respect your time and efforts in taking the time to apply for this position.
Community Housing Coalition is proud to be a Living Wage Employer certified by Just Economics, Inc.