JOB TITLE: ReClaim Madison Store Manager
ReClaim Madison is a social enterprise of our non-profit, Community Housing Coalition of Madison County (CHC). All proceeds from the store directly benefit the programs of CHC to help keep Madison County safe and healthy in their homes. The Store Manager is the backbone of the store as both the driving engine and face of CHC. Community members and clients alike shop while also getting to learn more about the services we provide in Madison County. Therefore it is important the Store Manager must have a solid positive reputation in the Madison County community. They will be able to work with – and lead – a diverse group of people, and have a sincere desire to help strengthen our community by helping those that need it most.
ReClaim, in conjunction with CHC, operates under a shared leadership model and the Store Manager will contribute at a significant level to organizational decision-making and strategic planning. It is their primary responsibility to collaboratively build this strategy while also ensuring its facilitation at the day to day operational level. It is imperative the right fit for this role be self-directed, dynamic, creative, have a strong orientation to collaboration and strong leadership skills.
YOUR ROLE: Participate as a departmental team lead member in a rewarding and community-based job that works to address the most urgent housing needs of Madison County residents. You do this on a daily basis by leading our incredible small staff in meeting our sales goals while engaging our community and customers. You serve as a connector to help our staff and customers understand the impact of their purchases and donations on their Neighbors in helping to articulate the mission of CHC. And most of all work as a team to help keep the store looking fresh and organized to maximize the impact the store contributes to the CHC mission.
This is a full-time salaried position at 32 hours per week. The right candidate will have enough flexibility to help fill in staffing needs with little to no advance notice. Compensation ranges from $40,000 – $44,000 per year commensurate with experience and other factors. Other benefits include 2 weeks paid time off, monthly cell phone reimbursement, a Health & Wellness stipend, and great discounts at the store.
ReClaim Madison is proud to be a Living Wage Employer certified by Just Economics, Inc.
FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Store Operations Administrative Management (15%)
- Staff Management (15%)
- Reclaim Department Team Lead (10%)
- Customer Service & Sales (60%)
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Incorporate the spirit and mission of CHC into the daily activities of Reclaim Madison
- Work closely with CHC and ReClaim staff, volunteers, clients and community members to create an open and inclusive community-based retail store
- Manage overall store budget including annual planning and monthly tracking & reporting through monthly finance meetings
- Encourage, solicit and design marketing strategy and overall operational strategy to help consistently improve store efficiency and profitability
- Manage donation pickup scheduling, coordination and implementation, and occasionally travel Madison County to pick up donations made to the store (using our vehicles)
- Work closely with Volunteer & Education Programs Manager in setting goals and tasks for volunteers that align with store strategic plan
- Manage small staff of 3 from annual goal tracking to payroll, to conducting reviews and facilitating monthly staff meetings
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work both alone, and with co-workers and volunteers
- Well-developed conflict management skills to address a spectrum of staff and customer challenges; ability to be firm but courteous with customers
- Strategic thinking skills as well as ability to manage details and deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Dynamic and able and willing to multi-task and balance multiple projects at a time
- Experience managing staff; experience with management in a Retail environment strongly preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale operation; experience using a Square POS system preferred
- Strategic planning and marketing experience in a retail environment strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of construction tools and hardware helpful, but not required
- Passion for creative reuse and keeping items out of the landfill a plus
- Strong budget and financial management skills
- Have honesty, thoroughness, tact, good judgment, and physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position (able to lift at least 50 lbs individually, and over 50 lbs in tandem lifts)
- Familiarity with Madison County culture preferred
- Have a valid NC driver’s license with no recent moving violations
Resumes must be submitted either by email, to email@example.com, or in person, at 798 Walnut Creek Rd in Marshall, by Friday, 12/1, 5:00 pm. Our current store manager will reach out to you regardless of whether we decide to interview you or not, as well as notify you of our hiring decision, regardless of who we choose. We respect your time and efforts in taking the time to apply for this position.
The Community Housing Coalition (CHC) of Madison County, a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization, does not discriminate in employment or services with regard to race, creed, sex, color, national origin, disability, religion or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, nor does CHC tolerate discriminatory behavior by its employees, volunteers or clients.